This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some cookies on this site are essential, and the site won't work as expected without them. Read More

Sarum House Surgery
 Sarum House Surgery

Reception: (01432) 265422
Prescriptions (01432) 271736
Fax: (01432) 271 610
Thursday 14th June 2018 - We have a problem with our telephones this morning. The telephone provider has been informed and is working on the problem. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

If you're off work sick for seven days or less, your employer shouldn't ask for medical evidence that you've been ill, but will ask you to 'self-certify' (ie. to confirm that you've been ill, usually by filling in a form yourself at work). You can do this by filling in a form yourself when you return to work. This is called 'self-certify'. A GP will not issue a sick note if you have been off sick for less than seven days, or if they do there will be a charge for this service (as a non-NHS service).


If you are off work sick for longer than 7 days then your employer will probably require a medical sick note or 'fit note'. This can be issued by a GP at Sarum House (or by your hospital doctor if you are sick after recent treatment there). The GP will need to see you, or at least speak with you, in order to clinically assess your situation, and will then issue the fit note if they find this is medically appropriate. 


Further sicknotes: If you require a futher sicknote after your initial one, you will not usually need a GP appointment for this. Simply contact reception and ask for a further sicknote within a day or two of your current one running out, and this request will be passed to a GP. If the GP does need to see or speak with you then we will let you know. 


Click here for more details on NHS guidelines regarding sick notes



Choose font size: A A A


GP Website from Wiggly-Amps Ltd. | Total visitors:283758 | Disclaimer